NeroThere is more than one artist with this name:
1. Dubstep and Drum and Bass producers from UK.
2. Rap artist from New York, USA.
3. Hardcore Techno alias of Alec Empire
4. Alternative Rock band From Ireland.
5. A Japanese singer who posts his covers on Nico Nico Douga.
1. Nero are drum and bass and dubstep producers from the United Kingdom. Also known as NERO UK, they first joined formation Records in the summer of 2004. Over the last couple of years Dan and Joe's tracks have been causing quite a stir in the drum and bass scene, gaining huge airplay support from top radio DJs such as Zane Lowe, Jo Whiley, Steve Lamacq, Pete Tong, Rob Da Bank and frequently from Fabio & Grooverider (all from radio one) as well as Hype on Kiss FM. In 2008, Nero launched themselves into the dubstep scene, making a good impression on the scene. According to the Me and You Songfacts, Nero have remixed the likes of La Roux, Daft Punk and deadmau5 and won the 2010 Beatport's Best Dubstep Act. Their cut, "Act Like You Know It ," also won Beatport's Best Dubstep Track.
2. Nero is a 16 year old rapper based in Harlem, New York. He recently reissued his mixtape under the name Alive & Vibrant: Relive The Moment. This project is a tribute to 90's hip-hop, with Nero reworking classic hip-hop tracks from Black Moon, Craig Mack, Redman, Mobb Deep, Pete Rock and more. It has been featured on such hip-hop blogs as NahRight, illRoots, 2DopeBoyz and more.
3 Alec Empire released the track Youth Against Racism under this name on the split 12" Destroy Deutschland! in '93 (on which he also released tracks under his own name).
4. Nero is also a four-piece alternative rock band from Dublin City, Ireland. They formed in late 1997 and over the past four and a half years have played the Irish club and college circuit to critical acclaim and an ever-increasing fan base. They have played to packed houses in many of Ireland's premier live venues, both North and South of the border, including frequent sell-outs of Dublin's 600 capacity Temple Bar Music Centre. Currently, Nero are in the US for an extended tour. Nero is currently based in San Francisco and touring all around California.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.